News from the Presbytery meeting on 4th March
March 8th, 2014
The Presbytery of Argyll met on Tuesday 4 March in Tarbert Village Hall. Some highlights from the meeting:
- Presbytery will send an “Overture” to General Assembly, suggesting that General Assembly should meet every two years rather than every year, in order to release time, energy and resources for promoting mission at the Presbytery level.
- Presbytery will meet for an overnight conference, 2-3 September at Portavadie Marina, before its September meeting on 3 September at the same venue.
- The Moderator of Presbytery for the year from June 2014 will be Rev Jeff McCormick, Minister of Ardchattan.
- Funds have been made available from the Augusta Lamont Bequest to employ a full-time Childrens’ Worker in Cowal. The post will be advertised on the Presbytery website shortly.
- Mr John Alexander and Mr John (Eddie) Hind have been accepted into Readership, transferring from the Church of England. We hope to hold a Service of Introduction for Mr Alexander in Kilchattan Church in May.
- We paid tribute to Rev Dr Roderick Campbell, who will be leaving Appin and Lismore after Easter to be Minister of the Scots Kirk in Colombo.
The next meeting of Presbytery for Ordinary Business will be on Tuesday 3 June in Tarbert Village Hall